Killer take all / William W. Johnstone and J. A. Johnstone.
"Scotsman-turned-cowboy Duff MacCallister traveled far and worked hard to start a new life in America. And anyone who tries to mess with his dream is in for some serious Highland justice . . .The cattle town of Chugwater may not look like much to outsiders. But for Duff MacCallister and the determined settlers who've staked their futures here, it's a land of opportunity. That's why the whole town is fired up by the latest news. Young railroad developer Jacob Freemantle wants to run a rail line through Chugwater, making it easier to transport cattle. Everyone is on board with the plan-at first. Duff begins to suspect that Freemantle is only after the most valuable land, and he's using strongarm tactics to force reluctant ranchers to sell. Things only get worse when Freemantle's hired guns show up-and the violence really begins . . .But Duff's got a plan of his own. With a little help from some well-armed friends, he's going to flush this phony out of Chugwater-and run his hired killers out of town on a rail . "-- Provided by publisher.
- ISBN: 9781432880231
- ISBN: 1432880233
- Physical Description: 439 pages (large print) ; 23 cm.
- Edition: Large print edition.
- Publisher: Waterville, Maine : Thorndike Press, a part of Gale, a Cengage Company, 2020.
- Copyright: ©2020
Contents / Notes
Sequel to: Stranglehold.
Find similar items by subject
|Subject:||Gunfighters > Fiction.
Scots > Wyoming > Fiction.
Cattle trade > Fiction.
Wyoming > Fiction.
Large type books.
Large type books.
Search for related items by series
- A Duff MacCallister western
- Thorndike Press Large Print Western
- MacCallister: the Eagles legacy ; bk. 10
- Johnstone, William W. MacCallister, the eagles legacy (Series)
Currently available copies
- 28 / 30 copies available at PINES (Show)
- 0 / 0 copies available at Athens Regional Library System
- 1 current holds
|Library System: Library Branch Name
||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status|