The hate u give / Angie Thomas.
Related electronic resources
- http://libguides.bgsu.edu/c.php?g=726407&p=5185116 - Bowling Green State University Libraries Hate U Give Libguide
- http://enterprise.supadu.com/images/ckfinder/687/images/3p_THUG-DG.pdf - Hate U Give discussion guide
- https://www.perma-bound.com/ws/image/cover/000139837/m - Image
- http://libguides.bgsu.edu/c.php?g=726407&p=5185116 - null
- http://enterprise.supadu.com/images/ckfinder/687/images/3p_THUG-DG.pdf - null
- http://www.mackin.com/BookPics/Book.aspx?isbn=9780062498533 - null
- http://www.perma-bound.com/ws/image/cover/000139837/m - null
- http://angiethomas.com/ - null
- http://www.mackin.com/BookPics/Book.aspx?isbn=9780062498533 - URL
Currently available copies
- 90 out of 199 copies are currently available at PINES.
- 3 out of 12 copies are currently available at West Georgia Regional Library System. (Show copies)
13 current holds on 199 total copies.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780062498533
- ISBN: 0062498533
- ISBN: 9783570164822
- ISBN: 3570164829
- ISBN: 9781406372151
- ISBN: 1406372153
- ISBN: 9780062872340
- ISBN: 0062872346
- Physical Description: 444 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Balzer + Bray, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 
- Copyright: ©2017
Contents / Notes
"Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed. Soon afterward, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gangbanger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil's name. Some cops and the local drug lord try to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr. But what Starr does or does not say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life"-- Provided by publisher.
|Study Program Information:||
Accelerated Reader 3.9.
Reading Counts! 5.3.
AR UG 3.9 13.0 187740.
Accelerated Reader AR UG 3.9 13.0 187740.
Boston Globe/Horn Book Fiction & Poetry Award, 2017
National Book Award Nominee for Young People's Literature, 2017
Horn Book Fanfare List, 2017
Booklist Editors' Choice: Books for Youth, 2017
School Library Journal's Best Books, 2017
Michael L. Printz Honor, 2018
William C. Morris Award, 2018
CILIP Carnegie Medal Nominee, 2018
Coretta Scott King Author Honor, 2018
Edgar Award Nominee For Best Young Adult, 2018
NAACP Image Award Nominee for Outstanding Literary Work for Youth/Teens, 2018
Lincoln Award: Illinois Teen Readers' Choice Nominee, 2019
South Dakota Teen Choice Book Award (High School), 2018-2019
Find similar items by subject
|Genre:||Young adult fiction.