When breath becomes air / Paul Kalanithi ; foreword by Abraham Verghese.
Related electronic resources
- https://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1613/2015023815-s.html - Sample text
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1613/2015023815-s.html - Sample text
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1606/2015023815-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- 9780812988406.jpg - Cover image
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy1606/2015023815-d.html - Publisher description
Currently available copies
1 current hold on 136 total copies.
|Library System: Library Branch Name
Find the name of the library system and branch closest to you.
|Shelving Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Status|
|Three Rivers Regional Library System:
Long County Library
(Send Call No. in Text Message)
- ISBN: 9780812988406
- ISBN: 081298840X
- ISBN: 0812988418
- ISBN: 9780812988413
- Physical Description: xix, 228 pages : illustration ; 20 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York : Random House, 
- Copyright: ©2016
Contents / Notes
Foreword / by Abraham Verghese -- Prologue -- In perfect health I begin -- Cease not till death -- Epilogue / by Lucy Kalanithi.
On the verge of completing a decade's worth of training as a neurosurgeon, Kalanithi was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. Just like that, the future he and his wife had imagined evaporated. Kalanithi chronicles his transformation from a naïve medical student into a neurosurgeon at Stanford working in the brain, the most critical place for human identity, and finally into a patient and new father confronting his own mortality.
Find similar items by subject