Blessed are the dead : a novel / Malla Nunn.
Related electronic resources
Currently available copies
- 7 out of 7 copies are currently available at PINES. (Show copies)
- 0 out of 0 copies are currently available at Cherokee Regional Library.
- 0 out of 0 copies are currently available at LaFayette-Walker County Library.
0 current holds on 7 total copies.
|Library System: Library Branch Name
Find the name of the library system and branch closest to you.
|Shelving Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Status|
- ISBN: 9781451616927 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 1451616929 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 9781451616958 (ebook)
- ISBN: 1451616953 (ebook)
- Physical Description: 309 p. ; 21 cm.
- Edition: 1st Emily Bestler Books/Washington Square Press trade pbk. ed.
- Publisher: New York : Emily Bestler Books/Washington Square Press, 2012.
Contents / Notes
"Emmanuel Cooper's life is finally back on track when a request comes from Colonel van Niekerk on the eve of his wedding and Cooper, with Shabalala, must report to the local police station in Balgowan, a small trading post in the Natal Midlands. There has been an anonymous phone tip claiming that "something bad" has happened on Little Flint Farm. Emmanuel knows that his boss would not send two city detectives into isolated farm country without good cause. Something has to be up. Cooper and Shabalala head into the Midlands where horse stables and cultivated fields dot the wide valleys. The Station Sergeant's books are clean, except for a minor matter: the disappearance of an adolescent Zulu girl from her family kraal in the wild foothills of the Drakensberg. Who is this she, this fifteen-year-old named "Amahle," the beautiful one? Where has she gone and why is the local Sergeant so reluctant to search for her? Fuelled by the instinctive knowledge that something "bad" really has happened out on Little Flint Farm, Cooper and Shabalala plunge into the class driven world of transplanted English aristocrats and the tradition bound world of the old Zulu chiefs. Together, Cooper and Shabalala must break the silence of the opposing communities and dig through buried secrets until they find out what happened to the girl, and why... no matter the cost"--Provided by publisher.
Find similar items by subject