Choices in deafness : a parents' guide to communication options / edited by Sue Schwartz.
Currently available copies
- 17 out of 17 copies are currently available at PINES. (Show copies)
- 0 out of 0 copies are currently available at Athens Regional Library System.
- 0 out of 0 copies are currently available at Athens-Clarke County Library.
0 current holds on 17 total copies.
|Library System: Library Branch Name
Find the name of the library system and branch closest to you.
|Shelving Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Status|
- ISBN: 0933149859 (paper)
- ISBN: 9780933149854 (paper)
- Physical Description: xxvii, 304 p. : ill ; 22 cm.
- Edition: 2nd ed.
- Publisher: Bethesda, MD : Woodbine House, 1996.
Contents / Notes
Includes bibliographical references (p. -285 and index.
A medical approach to hearing loss / Stephen Epstein -- The audiological assessment / Kathryn S. Copmann -- The cochlear implant / Stephen Epstein -- The auditory-verbal approach : a professional point of view / Warren Estabrooks -- The bilingual-bicultural (Bi-Bi) point of view / Laurene Gallimore & Susan Woodruff -- Cued speech : a professional point of view / Barbara Williams-Scott & Elizabeth Kipila -- The oral approach : a professional point of view / Janice Gatty -- Total communication : a professional point of view / Barbara Bodner-Johnson -- A cultural identity : peace and grace in being what you are / Jack R. Gannon -- A communication fairy tale / Sue Schwartz -- Systems of manual communication -- Reading list -- National organizations serving individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing.