Why Johnny hates sports : [why organized youth sports are failing our children and what we can do about it] / Fred Engh.
Currently available copies
- 1 out of 1 copy are currently available at PINES. (Show copies)
- 0 out of 0 copies are currently available at Conyers-Rockdale Library System.
- 0 out of 0 copies are currently available at Nancy Guinn Memorial Library.
0 current holds on 1 total copy.
|Library System: Library Branch Name
Find the name of the library system and branch closest to you.
|Shelving Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Status|
- ISBN: 089529933X (pbk.) :
- ISBN: 9780895299338 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: xiv, 208 p. : ill ; 23 cm.
- Publisher: Garden City Park, N.Y. : Avery Pub. Group, c1999.
Contents / Notes
Subtitle from cover.
The sad state of sports in America -- The evolution of kid's sports in America -- Parents -- The youth coach -- Administrators : the key to it all -- Return the game to the children -- Solutions.
Drawing from his own experience as well as that of others', the author "documents the negative physical and psychological impact that parents, coaches, and administrators can have on children ... [and] provides a wide variety of proven solutions to each and every one of the problems covered."--Cover.
Find similar items by subject
|Subject:||Sports for children > Moral and ethical aspects > United States.