'Tis : a memoir / Frank McCourt.
Related electronic resources
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/bios/simon051/99031280.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/samples/simon031/99031280.html - Sample text
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/description/simon033/99031280.html - Publisher description
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/bios/simon051/99031280.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/samples/simon031/99031280.html - Sample text
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/description/simon033/99031280.html - Publisher description
Currently available copies
0 current holds on 159 total copies.
|Library System: Library Branch Name
Find the name of the library system and branch closest to you.
|Shelving Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Status|
- ISBN: 0684848783
- ISBN: 9780684848785
- ISBN: 0684864495 (lg. print)
- ISBN: 9780684864495 (lg. print)
- ISBN: 0002570807
- ISBN: 9780002570800
- Physical Description: 367 p. ; 25 cm.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Scribner, c1999.
Contents / Notes
Sequel to: Angela's ashes.
"'Tis is the story of Frank's American journey from impoverished immigrant to brilliant teacher and raconteur. Frank lands in New York at age nineteen, in the company of a priest he meets on the boat. He gets a job at the Biltmore Hotel, where he immediately encounters the vivid hierarchies of this "classless country," and then is drafted into the army and is sent to Germany to train dogs and type reports." "When Frank returns to America in 1953, he works on the docks, always resisting what everyone tells him, that men and women who have dreamed and toiled for years to get to America should "stick to their own kind" once they arrive. Somehow, Frank knows that he should be getting an education, and though he left school at fourteen, he talks his way into New York University. There, he falls in love with the quintessential Yankee, long-legged and blonde, and tries to live his dream. But it is not until he starts to teach - and to write - that Frank finds his place in the world."--BOOK JACKET.
Find similar items by subject
Irish Americans > Biography.
Irlandeses en Estados Unidos > Biografía.
New York (N.Y.) > Biography.
New York (N.Y.) > Biografía.