The Hunger Games / by Suzanne Collins.
Related electronic resources
- https://vsstaticssl.lvl3.on24.com/event/14/82/07/5/rt/1/resources/Hunger%20Games%20by%20Suzanne%20Collins%20Reading%20Group%20Guide-5CD3.pdf - Hunger Games trilogy discussion guide from Scholastic
- http://books.google.com/books?isbn=9780439023481 - Additional information at Google Books
- http://iplteenbooks.blogspot.com/2009/02/hunger-games-by-suzanne-collins.html - Teen Review
- http://iii.sonoma.edu/record=b2842766~S13 - Available in Kindle format. Click for availability
- http://iii.sonoma.edu/record=b2843570~S13 - Available in KindleFire format. Click for availability
- http://iii.sonoma.edu/record=b2842765~S13 - Available in NOOK format. Click for availability
Currently available copies
- 203 out of 264 copies are currently available at PINES.
1 current hold on 264 total copies.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 9780439023481
- ISBN: 0439023483
- ISBN: 9780439023528
- ISBN: 0439023521
- ISBN: 9780545425117
- ISBN: 0545425115
- ISBN: 9780545310581
- ISBN: 054531058X
- ISBN: 9781451740752
- ISBN: 1451740751
- ISBN: 9780545791878
- ISBN: 0545791871
- ISBN: 9781407132082
- ISBN: 1407132083
- ISBN: 9781407132075
- ISBN: 1407132075
- ISBN: 9781407109084
- ISBN: 1407109081
- ISBN: 9780329789350
- ISBN: 032978935X
- ISBN: 9780329712716
- ISBN: 0329712713
- Physical Description: 374 pages ; 22 cm.
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York, New York : Scholastic Press, 2008.
Contents / Notes
Tributes -- Games -- Victor.
Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone fighting against you? Twenty-four are forced to enter. Only the winner survives. In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. Each year, the districts are forced by the Capitol to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the Hunger Games, a brutal and terrifying fight to the death -- televised for all of Panem to see. Survival is second nature for sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who struggles to feed her mother and younger sister by secretly hunting and gathering beyond the fences of District 12. When Katniss steps in to take the place of her sister in the Hunger Games, she knows it may be her death sentence. If she is to survive, she must weigh survival against humanity and life against love. - Publisher.
|Study Program Information:||
Accelerated Reader/Renaissance Learning MG 5.3 15.
Accelerated Reader 5.3.
Accelerated Reader AR RL 5.3 PT 15.0 MG+ AR Quiz No. 123740.
Reading Counts RC 6-8 5.3 23 Quiz: 44367 Guided reading level: Z.
Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, 2009
Young Hoosier Book Award, 2011
Eliot Rosewater Indiana High School Book Award (Rosie), 2011
Find similar items by subject
|Genre:||Young adult fiction.
Texas Lone Star Reading List, 2009-2010.
Dust jackets (Bindings) > 2008.