Fortress America : how we embraced fear and abandoned democracy / Elaine Tyler May.
Currently available copies
- 15 out of 15 copies are currently available at PINES.
0 current holds on 15 total copies.
- ISBN: 9780465055920 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 0465055923 (hardcover)
- Physical Description: vii, 247 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York : Basic Books, 2017.
Contents / Notes
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Introduction -- Gimme shelter: security in the atomic age -- The color of danger: from red to black -- Vigilante virtue: fantasy, reality, and the law -- Women: victims or villains? -- Locked up America: self-incarceration and the illusion of security -- Epilogue.
Find similar items by subject
|Subject:||Crime > United States > History > 21st century.
Violence > United States > History > 21st century.
Public safety > Social aspects > United States > History > 21st century.
United States > Social conditions > 21st century.
United States > Civilization > 21st century.