Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance : an inquiry into values / by Robert M. Pirsig.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/description/hc044/73012275.html - Publisher description
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0911/73012275-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- 25 copies at PINES. (Show)
- 0 copies at Athens Regional Library System.
- 0 copies at Athens-Clarke County Library.
0 current holds with 29 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status|
|Athens Regional Library System - Athens-Clarke County Library||BIO PIRSIG||33207000041790||BIOGRAPHY||Checked out|
- ISBN: 0688002307 :
- ISBN: 9780688002305 :
- Physical Description: 412 p. ; 21 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Morrow, 1974.
|General Note:|| Autobiographical.
|Summary, etc.:|| Acclaimed as one of the most exciting books in the history of American letters, this modern epic became an instant bestseller upon publication in 1974, transforming a generation and continuing to inspire millions. This 25th Anniversary Quill Edition features a new introduction by the author important typographical changes and a Reader's Guide that includes discussion topics, an interview with the author, and letters and documents detailing how this extraordinary book came to be. A narration of a summer motorcycle trip undertaken by a father and his son, the book becomes a personal and philosophical odyssey into fundamental questions of how to live. The narrator's relationship with his son leads to a powerful self-reckoning the craft of motorcycle maintenance leads to an austerely beautiful process for reconciling science, religion, and humanism. Resonant with the confusions of existence, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is a touching and transcendent book of life.
Search for related items by subject
Pirsig, Robert M.
Fathers and sons > United States.