Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance : an inquiry into values / by Robert M. Pirsig.
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/description/hc044/73012275.html - Publisher description
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0911/73012275-b.html - Contributor biographical information
Currently available copies
- 22 copies available at PINES (Show copies)
- 0 copies available at Athens Regional Library System
- 0 copies available at Athens-Clarke County Library
0 current holds on 25 total copies
|Library System: Library Branch Name||Shelving Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Status|
|Athens Regional Library System:
Athens-Clarke County Library
(Send Call No. in Text Message)
- ISBN: 0688002307 :
- ISBN: 9780688002305 :
- Physical Description: 412 p. ; 21 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Morrow, 1974.
Contents / Notes
|General Note:|| Autobiographical.
|Summary, etc.:|| Acclaimed as one of the most exciting books in the history of American letters, this modern epic became an instant bestseller upon publication in 1974, transforming a generation and continuing to inspire millions. This 25th Anniversary Quill Edition features a new introduction by the author important typographical changes and a Reader's Guide that includes discussion topics, an interview with the author, and letters and documents detailing how this extraordinary book came to be. A narration of a summer motorcycle trip undertaken by a father and his son, the book becomes a personal and philosophical odyssey into fundamental questions of how to live. The narrator's relationship with his son leads to a powerful self-reckoning the craft of motorcycle maintenance leads to an austerely beautiful process for reconciling science, religion, and humanism. Resonant with the confusions of existence, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is a touching and transcendent book of life.
Find similar items by subject
Pirsig, Robert M.
Fathers and sons > United States.