Related electronic resources
- http://margaretatwood.ca - Author's website
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/bios/random057/96021689.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/description/random0413/96021689.html - Publisher description
Currently available copies
- 72 out of 79 copies are currently available at PINES. (Show copies)
- 1 out of 1 copy are currently available at Lee County Public Library.
1 current hold on 79 total copies.
|Library System: Library Branch Name
Find the name of the library system and branch closest to you.
|Shelving Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Status|
|Lee County Public Library:
(Send Call No. in Text Message)
- ISBN: 9780385475716
- ISBN: 0385475713
468 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Nan A. Talese, ©1996.
Contents / Notes
|General Note:||Booker Prize finalist, 1996|
1. Jagged edge -- 2. Rocky road -- 3. Puss in the corner -- 4. Young man's fancy -- 5. Broken dishes -- 6. Secret drawer -- 7. Snake fence -- 8. Fox and geese -- 9. Hearts and gizzards -- 10. Lady of the lake -- 11. Falling timbers -- 12. Solomon's temple -- 13. Pandora's box -- 14. The letter x -- 15. The tree of paradise.
|Summary, etc.:||A fictionalized account of Grace Marks, a maid who murdered her employer and his mistress in Canada in 1843. A stablehand who was her accomplice and who claimed she put him up to it was hung for the crime, while she ended up in a lunatic asylum. The novel analyzes the question: was she actually less guilty, crazy, or smarter?|
Booker Prize finalist, 1996
Find similar items by subject