The life and times of the thunderbolt kid : a memoir / Bill Bryson.
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0633/2006043859-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0633/2006043859-d.html - Publisher description
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0667/2006043859-s.html - Sample text
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0633/2006043859-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0633/2006043859-d.html - Publisher description
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0667/2006043859-s.html - Sample text
0 current holds with 106 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status|
|Athens Regional Library System - Athens-Clarke County Library||BIO BRYSON||31001001222489||BIOGRAPHY||Checked out|
- ISBN: 076791936X
- ISBN: 9780767919364
- Physical Description: x, 270 p. : ill ; 25 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : Broadway Books, c2006.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:|| Includes bibliographical references (p. -270).
|Summary, etc.:|| Bill Bryson was born in the middle of the American century--1951--in the middle of the United States--Des Moines, Iowa--in the middle of the largest generation in American history--the baby boomers. As one of the funniest writers alive, he is perfectly positioned to mine his all-American childhood for memoir gold. Like millions of his generational peers, Bill Bryson grew up with a rich fantasy life as a superhero. In his case, he ran around his house and neighborhood wearing a jersey with a thunderbolt on it and a towel about his neck, vanquishing evildoers--in his head--as "The Thunderbolt Kid." Using his fantasy-life persona as a springboard, Bryson re-creates the life of his family in the 1950s in all its transcendent normality--a life at once familiar to us all and as far away and unreachable as another galaxy.--From publisher description.
Search for related items by subject
Travel writers > United States > Biography.