The big book of beastly mispronunciations : the complete opinionated guide for the careful speaker
Related electronic resources
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/toc/ecip0516/2005020060.html - Table of contents only
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0622/2005020060-d.html - Publisher description
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0736/2005020060-b.html - Contributor biographical information
Currently available copies
- 8 out of 8 copies are currently available at PINES.
0 current holds on 8 total copies.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 061842315X
- ISBN: 9780618423156
xix, 522 p. ; 23 cm.
- Edition: 2nd ed.
- Publisher: Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 2006.
Contents / Notes
Includes bibliographical references (p. 520-522).
The Guide 1 -- Authorities Consulted 515 -- Other Sources Cited or Consulted 520.
|Summary, etc.:||Contains an alphabetically arranged list of over one thousand commonly mispronounced words, including the author's explanation of how each word should be pronounced and a brief essay supporting his position.|
Find similar items by subject
|Subject:||English language Pronunciation Dictionaries|