- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/bios/random057/96046867.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/samples/random041/96046867.html - Sample text
- http://www.loc.gov/catdir/description/random041/96046867.html - Publisher description
Currently available copies
1 current hold on 12 total copies
|Library System: Library Branch Name||Shelving Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Status|
|Athens Regional Library System:
Athens-Clarke County Library
(Send Call No. in Text Message)
- ISBN: 0679777431
- ISBN: 9780679777434
- Physical Description: 543 p. : map ; 21 cm.
- Edition: 1st Vintage Books ed.
- Publisher: New York : Vintage Books, 1997.
Contents / Notes
|Summary, etc.:|| In 1547 Scotland has been humiliated by an English invasion and is threatened by machinations elsewhere beyond its borders, but it is still free. Paradoxically, her freedom may depend on a man who stands accused of treason. He is Francis Crawford of Lymond, a scapegoat nobleman of crooked felicities and murderous talents, possessed of scholar's erudition and a tongue as wicked as a rapier. In The Game of Kings this extraordinary antihero returns to the country that has outlawed him - to redeem his reputation even at the risk of his life.
Find similar items by subject
Crawford, Francis (Fictitious character) >
Soldiers of fortune > Fiction.
Nobility > Fiction.
Scotland > History > Mary Stuart, 1542-1567 > Fiction.