The two towers : being the second part of The lord of the rings / by J.R.R. Tolkien.
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/description/hm021/2001276577.html - Publisher description
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0611/2001276577-s.html - Sample text
Currently available copies
0 current holds on 24 total copies
|Library System: Library Branch Name
(Click library name for locations and hours)
|Shelving Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Status|
|Athens Regional Library System:
Athens-Clarke County Library
(Send Call No. in Text Message)
- ISBN: 0618129081 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 9780618129089 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: p. x, -725 : maps ; 21 cm.
- Publisher: Boston : Houghton Mifflin, 
Contents / Notes
|Summary, etc.:|| "The second volume in J.R.R. Tolkien's epic adventure, THE LORD OF THE RINGS, now featuring film art on the cover. Frodo and his Companions of the Ring have been beset by danger during their quest to prevent the Ruling Ring from falling into the hands of the Dark Lord by destroying it in the Cracks of Doom. They have lost the wizard, Gandalf, in a battle in the Mines of Moria. And Boromir, seduced by the power of the Ring, tried to seize it by force. While Frodo and Sam made their escape, the rest of the company was attacked by Orcs. Now they continue the journey alone down the great River Anduin -- alone, that is, save for the mysterious creeping figure that follows wherever they go." Publisher description.
Find similar items by subject
Baggins, Frodo >
Middle Earth (Imaginary place) > Fiction.
Baggins, Frodo (Fictitious character)
Middle Earth (Imaginary place)
Find related items by series
- [The lord of the rings / by J.R.R. Tolkien] ; pt. 2
- Tolkien, J. R. R. (John Ronald Reuel), 1892-1973. Lord of the rings (2001) ; pt. 2.