Jackson's dilemma / Iris Murdoch.
Currently available copies
- 12 out of 12 copies are currently available at PINES.
0 current holds on 12 total copies.
View other formats and editions
- ISBN: 0670868159 (acid-free paper)
- ISBN: 9780670868155 (acid-free paper)
- Physical Description: 249 p. ; 24 cm.
- Edition: 1st American ed.
- Publisher: New York : Viking, 1996.
Contents / Notes
In a stately English mansion, friends and family are arriving for the wedding of the host's daughter, Marian. Out of the blue, Marian breaks off the engagement and disappears, throwing everything and everyone in disarray. So starts a tale which revolves round a mysterious and charismatic figure, in this case Jackson, a manservant who manipulates everything behind the scenes much more than anyone realizes. By the author of The Green Knight.
Find similar items by subject
|Subject:||Friendship > Fiction.
Household employees > Fiction.
England > Fiction.