- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0910/00053671-b.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0910/00053671-d.html - Publisher description
0 current holds with 92 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|Athens Regional Library System - Athens-Clarke County Library||FIC PATCHETT||31001000011941||FICTION||Available||-|
|Athens Regional Library System - Athens-Clarke County Library||FIC PATCHETT||31001000011891||FICTION||Available||-|
- ISBN: 0060188731
- ISBN: 9780060188733
- ISBN: 0060934417 (tradepaper)
- ISBN: 9780060934415 (tradepaper)
- ISBN: 9780061565311 (trade)
- ISBN: 0061565318 (trade)
- Physical Description: 318 p. ; 25 cm.
- Edition: 1st ed.
- Publisher: New York : HarperCollins, c2001.
|Summary, etc.:|| Somewhere in South America, at the home of the country's vice president, a lavish birthday party is being held in honor of Mr. Hosokawa, a powerful Japanese businessman. Roxanne Coss, opera's most revered soprano, has mesmerized the international guests with her singing. It is a perfect evening -- until a band of gun-wielding terrorists breaks in through the air-conditioning vents and takes the entire party hostage. But what begins as a panicked, life-threatening scenario slowly evolves into something quite different, as terrorists and hostages forge unexpected bonds and people from different countries and continents become compatriots.Friendship, compassion, and the chance for great love lead the characters to forget the real danger that has been set in motion and cannot be stopped.
Search for related items by subject
Women singers >
Victims of terrorism > Fiction.
Embassy buildings > Fiction.
Hostages > Fiction.
Opera > Fiction.
South America > Fiction.