- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/bios/simon051/00697879.html - Contributor biographical information
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/description/simon041/00697879.html - Publisher description
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0630/00697879-t.html - Table of contents only
- http://catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancements/fy0640/00697879-s.html - Sample text
Currently available copies
- 8 of 19 copies available at PINES. (Show copies)
- 0 of 0 copies available at Northwest Georgia Regional Library.
- 0 of 0 copies available at Dalton-Whitfield Library .
1 current hold on 19 total copies
- ISBN: 0671028448
- ISBN: 9780671028442
- ISBN: 9780671028459 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 0671028456 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: xxii, 149 p. : ill ; 20 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Pocket Books, c1999.
Contents / Notes
|Contents:|| Foreword. Tupac, c u in heaven / Nikki Giovanni -- The rose that grew from concrete. The rose that grew from concrete -- In the depths of solitude -- Sometimes I cry -- Under the skies above -- Life through my eyes -- When ure heart turns cold -- Untitled -- The eternal lament -- Only 4 the righteous -- What of fame? -- The shining star within! -- Starry night -- If I fail -- What is it that I search 4 -- The fear in the heart of a man -- God -- Nothing can come between us. Nothing can come between us -- My dearest one!! -- If there be pain-- -- Things that make hearts break -- Black woman -- And still I love u -- The mutual heartache? -- 1st impressions -- A love unspoken -- Forever and today -- When I do kiss u -- Carmencita of the Bronx! -- Untitled -- Love is just complicated -- Elizabeth -- I know my heart has lied before -- From first glance -- 1 for April -- Wife 4 life -- Tears from a star -- March 1st : the day after April -- Why must u be unfaithful -- The power of a smile -- Genesis (the rebirth of my heart) -- Love within a storm -- What can I offer her? -- Jada -- The tears in Cupid's eyes -- Cupid's smile II -- What I see! -- In the midst of passion -- 2 people with 1 wish -- Hours pass by -- Just a breath of freedom. Just a breath of freedom -- For Mrs. Hawkins -- The sun and the moon -- Government assistance or my soul -- Family tree -- Or my soul -- When ure hero falls -- Untitled -- "U r ripping us apart!!!" -- A river that flows forever -- Can u c the pride in the panther -- Tears of a teenage mother -- "Where there is a will--" -- Liberty needs glasses. Liberty needs glasses -- How can we be free -- The promise -- And 2morrow -- No-win -- The unanswerable? -- Nightmares -- So I say goodbye -- In the event of my demise.
|Summary, etc.:|| His talent was unbounded, a raw force that commanded attention and respect. His death was tragic -- a violent homage to the power of his voice. His legacy is indomitable -- remaining vibrant and alive. Here now, newly discovered, are Tupac's most honest and intimate thoughts conveyed through the pure art of poetry -- a mirror into his enigmatic life and its many contradictions. Written in his own hand at the age of nineteen, they embrace his spirit, his energy ... and his ultimate message of hope.
Find similar items by subject
African Americans >